Make an enquiry here
Please note we no longer allow the use of Bouncy Castles inside the Scout Hall.
It is now possible to book our Scout Hall for parties, functions and meetings. At the moment the hall is used Monday to Friday evenings for our own Section Meetings, however it is available during the day during the week and most weekends are also available.
- Large Hall. 15 metres by 10 metres, height to ceiling is over 5 metres. The hall has plenty of power points, White and Black Boards. There are Basketball Nets fitted at each end of the hall.
- Large Kitchen. Fitted out with Electric Oven and Hob. Double Sink with Drainer and Hot Water on tap. Lots of work space. Small Fridge and a large electric Water Boiler. Drinks machine provides ice cold canned drinks at very reasonable prices. The kitchen is also large enough to fit in two six foot tables, which can accommodate at least twelve people sitting.
- Den. Fitted out with work surfaces around the room, fully carpeted. Large Meeting Table with padded Chairs. TV and DVD available. This room is ideal for meetings and will hold twenty people easily.
- Male and Female Toilets and Shower.
We have about sixty folding Chairs and ten folding Tables.
A Public Address System is also available to hire. Please enquire.
Please note we do not allow the use of Bouncy Castles in the hall.
Limited cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils are provided. These however may not suit your needs, so please be prepared to provide your own.
In July 2005 a shower room was installed, making the hall more suitable for overnight stays.
Hire Charges (at the 20. January 2016) are £30.00 for a session. A session lasts from 08:00 – 12:30, 13:00 – 17:00 weekdays & 13:00 – 17:30 weekends and 18:00 – 23:30. Saturdays from 18:00 to 23:30 are charged at £50.00. Other times maybe available – please enquire.
Discounts maybe available for regular bookings. Please enquire about charges for overnight stays.
You can check our on-line Booking Calendar to see if the dates you require are available. You can also download a Booking Form which has the Booking Conditions attached. You can also see the Booking Conditions by scrolling down this page.
If you have any enquires about Booking our Scout Headquarters, please contact the Booking Secretary.
Fill in the online Booking Enquiry Form here
Scout Headquarters Layout
- The Hirer shall be over the age of 21.
- All evening events must end by 11.30 p.m.
- MAXIMUM PERMITTED NUMBERS These should not exceed:- 200.
- A Cleaning Deposit of £20.00 is to be paid in cash with the Booking. This will be returned if the building is left in a clean and tidy condition.
- A bond of £100 is required for all events at which alcohol is provided, and £200 for 18th/21st birthday parties. This bond will be refunded within 28 days of the termination of the period of hire provided that no damage or loss has been caused to the premises and/or contents during the period of the hiring and as a result of the hiring.
- If the Hirer is a Club, Society, Organisation or Company, a copy of their Public Liability Insurance must be provided.
- The Hirer must provide sufficient numbers of responsible adult attendants or stewards for adequate supervision of the premises and users therein. Two such stewards must be designated to take charge in case of fire and should familiarise themselves with the position of exits, and the operation of the fire alarm and fire fighting equipment. Such stewards should be able to give full assistance in evacuating the premises and be readily identifiable to members of the public in the event of such emergency.
- The Hirer will, during the period of hire, be responsible for the supervision, care and protection from damage of the premises, fabric and contents and for the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity.
- The Hirer shall indemnify the Scout Group for the cost of repair of any accidental or willful damage to any part of the premises or contents which may occur during the period of hire, and the Scout Group reserve the right to take legal action to reclaim monies owing.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surroundings clean and tidy, at the proper time, fit to be used by the next letting or Scout meeting. All articles brought into the hall and all rubbish, must be taken away by the hirer.
- The use of Bouncy Castles is not permitted in the building.
- To protect the floor high heeled shoes must not be worn in the main hall.
- If the event is cancelled, by or on behalf of the Hirer, more that 2 months before the event then the initial booking deposit will be returned to the Hirer. If the event is cancelled within 2 months of the event then the initial booking deposit is not returnable.
- The Scout Group shall not be liable for any injury to persons, loss or damage to property brought onto the premises or for any consequential loss.
- The Hirer shall report to the Scout Group when returning the key any injury to persons or loss or damage of property. In the case of destruction, damage or loss by theft, or attempt thereat, the Hirer shall give immediate notice to the police. In the event of any occurrence likely to give rise to a claim or upon receipt by the Hirer of notice of claim, the Hirer shall immediately notify the Scout Group and provide information as the Scout Group may require.
- The Hirer shall not sub-let or use the premises in any unlawful way or bring on to the premises anything which may endanger the same.
- Any complaints concerning the premises must be made as soon as possible in writing to the Scout Group.
- In the event of the premises being rendered unfit for the use it was hired, the Scout Group shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever.
- The Scout Group reserves the right of free admission during the period of hire to observe compliance of the conditions of hire.
- Charges are subject to revision without prior notice.
- The Scout Group reserve the right to cancel bookings with 1 months notice if the hall is required for Scouting activities.
- The selling of alcohol on the premises is forbidden, unless you have obtained a license from licensing court. Provision of a bar for your own use is permitted providing no charge is levied.
- Smoking is not permitted in the building. Smokers must not deposit cigarette butts on the Scout Hall Property but dispose of them in a proper manner.
- The Scout Hall does not have a public entertainments license. This precludes you from charging members of the public who enter the building.
- No car parking facilities are provided by the Scout Group. However you may use the Onchan Community Centre car park . The following terms apply: Space is not guaranteed. The car park may be temporarily closed at any time by the Onchan Commissioners. Users of the car park are to park in an orderly and sensible fashion so as not to block access to buildings or other vehicles. Private motor vehicles only are permitted. Users park their vehicles at their own risk and the Onchan Commissioners will not be liable for any loss or damage to person or Property, howsoever caused. Overnight parking is not permitted without express permission.
- The Hirer shall provide their own First Aid Kit.
- In the event of any queries, problems or complaints, then please contact: Jenni Cowin.