May 13, 2013 in Scouts
May 7, 2013 in Scouts
Scouts from both the Moddey Dhoo and Phoenix Scout Troops took part in a Hike Camp Weekend over the 3. – 5. May 2013. We were based at 1st Rushen Scout Headquarters, in Port Erin for the two nights and after a short introduction and briefing we walked to Milner’s Tower on Bradda Head and had a great view of Port Erin in the darkening skies. The Scouts enjoyed a Wide Game on the headland, before heading back to the Scout HQ for supper followed by bed (distance walked: three miles).
On Saturday after breakfast and kit inspection, the Scouts made their packed lunches and we headed off on the days hike at 10:00. The route followed the Raad Ny Foillan from Port Erin, to the Sound and up to The Chasms where we had lunch. We then walked into Port St. Mary and onto Gansey, before finishing back in Port Erin for around 15:30, a total of just over nine miles.
The Scouts still had plenty of energy so we headed down to the beach, where some Scouts actually swam in the sea (for a few seconds). Back at the Scout Hall we had tea followed by a few games outside and then settled down to a movie before bed.
On the Sunday after breakfast kit was packed up and everyone was ready to head off home for 10:00.
May 1, 2013 in Scouts
The Chief Scout Bear Grylls, will be making a short visit to the Isle of Man on the afternoon of the 11. May 2013. The Scout Section will be running an afternoon of activities at Peel, with the chance to see the Chief. Further details are in this flyer.
Two of the activities (Coasteering and Kayaking) will require parental permission, If you want the chance to do either, you must bring along the completed Consent Form.
April 4, 2013 in Scouts
Scouts from 2nd Onchan, will once again be helping run the Scoreboards at this years TT Races in June. If any Scout wishes to take part, names will be taken at a Scout Meeting in the next few weeks, or you can email email@example.com and say what job you wish to do (Tear Off, Clocks, Clock Control, Light Box)
March 21, 2013 in Scouts
We have been keeping a close eye on the weather over the last few days. This morning’s forecast has said that the snow expected tomorrow could get down to low level rather than stay on the hills as in previous forecasts. This could make even getting to Port Erin difficult for some of you.
We have therefore taken the decision, before we go out and buy the supplies for the weekend, that the camp is being postponed, not cancelled. The new date is the 3. – 5. May 2013, which is the earliest we could do. All other details are unchanged.
If you are unable to make this date, please let me know and you will be given a full refund.
If you weren’t on the camp this weekend, but are now available for the new date, please let me know and I will send you a letter. firstname.lastname@example.org