Latest news from 2nd Onchan Scouts:
The Scout Troops at 2nd Onchan are open to boys & girls between the ages of 10½ to 14½.
Scout Meetings at 2nd Onchan usually last two hours, are held weekly and often continue through the School Holidays.
Scouts are an active organisation and activities are held at weekends in addition to the weekly meetings. Members are encouraged to take part in these activities.
As a uniformed organisation, all members are expected to wear uniform. Details of the Scout Uniform can be found here.
Each member pays a Subscription Fee at the beginning of each term (after the Christmas School Break, after the Easter School Break and after the Summer School Break).
Further information can be found in the Troop Information Booklet which can be downloaded from the links below.
New Members to the Troop are admitted, subject to places being available, under the following criteria:
- Boys & girls who are already a member of the Group will always be offered a place in the next Section when they reach the right age.
- Boys & girls who move into the area who are already members of the Scout Association.
- Boys & girls whose parents are Leaders/Helpers in the Scout Group, or whose parents take an active role on the Group Executive Committee.
- Younger brothers & sisters of Beavers, Cubs or Scouts.
- Any other boys & girls of the appropriate age, in order of date of their entry to the waiting list and that they live within the Group’s catchment area of the Onchan District or that they attend either Ashley Hill or Onchan Primary Schools.
Parents are reminded that all the Leaders at 2nd Onchan are unpaid volunteers and are giving their time freely. Without them there would be no Scout Group in Onchan.